Grounds Maintenance Operative x 2
Mark Walker (Grounds Maintenance) Ltd – Watford, Hertfordshire
A rare and exciting opportunity has become available to join a small team of Operatives caring for a 35-hectare site we maintain in the Watford area. The grounds of this prestigious site are maintained to the highest standards and we are looking for new team members to further their horticultural knowledge or be willing to learn the skills needed to deliver superior grounds and high levels of customer service.
Established in 1984, Mark Walker (Grounds Maintenance) Ltd specialise in the provision of comprehensive grounds maintenance services for single and multi-site contracts in both the public and private sectors.
We are looking to recruit highly motivated individuals to undertake grounds maintenance duties to include grass cutting, strimming, leaf clearance, general maintenance to shrub beds and winter gritting.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate should ideally have the following:
• Experience in horticulture or grounds maintenance
• Good plant knowledge
• Technical skills using machinery and equipment.
• Be self-motivated but also able to work as part of a team.
• PA1, PA6 herbicide licence (desired)
• Driving licence (not essential)
Hours are Monday to Friday 07:00-15:30 plus breaks.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.50-£10.50 per hour dependent on experience, plus benefits including:
• 28 Days annual holiday inc Bank Holidays plus overtime when available
• Opportunity for on-going training and personal development.
• Access to site welfare facilities including café and canteen.
Lateral flow testing available on site.
PPE available and masks only required within buildings (subject to government guidelines)
ALL EMPLOYEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO UNDERGO BPSS VETTING.
Mark Walker Grounds Maintenance is an Equal Opportunities Employer.